GIB Plasterboards are a faster, cheaper and more sustainable option to traditional plasters. It’s not surprising that they’re becoming increasingly popular.
GIB board is a combination of gypsum and cardboard. It’s used for ceilings and walls in interiors.
After a smooth finishing, GIB board look stunning in any type of residential or commercial building.
We are not surprised that you want to find a Plasterboard / GIB supplier in Auckland. You will find a lot of suppliers around you since it is a relatively new invention.
How can you tell which is best for you? Find out more by reading this article.
What type of GIB is right for you?
Let’s clarify this before we begin. It’s not difficult to find a GiB provider in Auckland.
You’ll need to know what type of GiB board you require. There are many different types of GiBs, each used for a different purpose.
If you are a DIYer, you will need to do this. Otherwise your GIB contractor and supplier will handle it for you.
This is the first thing you will be asked when you are looking for a provider. Finding a supplier will be easy once you have the answer.
To make it easier, we’ve listed all the different types of GiBs on the market.
- GIB Wideline : This type will give you a floor with a more smooth surface. The GIB Wideline has the fewest joins. It is therefore best to use the GIB Wideline horizontally.
- GIB Fyreline : Is your area or building prone to fires or accidents caused by fire? Then GIB Fyreline will be the best GIB type for you. This will keep your property and belongings as safe as you can in the event that a fire occurs.
- GIB Aqua : As its name implies, GIB Aqua was designed for surfaces that are frequently in contact with water. This type of GIB is very useful in areas where floors and ceilings are often wet. This will protect the surfaces.
- GIB Noisyline: This is the GIB you need for your office or any place you do not want external noise to be disturbed. This plasterboard is designed to reduce external noises or even eliminate them completely. It will make your space comparatively quieter. This is also the best option if you wish to reduce noise transmission between floors in the same building.
- GIB touchline: Do your living conditions make you vulnerable to heavy and hard blows? This can be due to tidal bores, or other causes. GIB Touchline can offer a lot of protection to you and your residential building in this case. Surfaces are protected by reducing the impact of heavy blows.
- GIB Toughline+Aqua : If you are looking for a GIB with multiple uses, then this is the one for you. If the house or building is susceptible to being hit by heavy winds and comes into contact with water frequently, it could pose a fire hazard. This GIB combines GIB Toughline with GIB Aqua to allow you to deal with both at once.
- GIB Superline : A GIB with all five traits will be even better than any previous GIB. GIB Superline can help you with that. It’s noise-resistant and water-resistant. It is also fire-resistant and impact-resistant. It is best used in places where all of these issues are possible. It’s expensive so it isn’t recommended that you use it throughout the house.
- GIB Ultraline : This GIB gives you the best finish possible. This GIB is coated with an advanced Pearlcoat technology that has a finer and smoother texture than the others. It is ideal for living rooms where guests will be present because it looks nice.
- GIB X ray : is the most technologically advanced GIB on the market. GIB X ray protects you from harmful X ray transmission. This type of GIB should be used in medical clinics, dental clinics or veterinary practices.
- GIB weatherline: This GIB offers a rigid, cost-effective air barrier with high performance. GIB Weatherline has a fibreglass reinforced gypsum (FRG) core that is resistant to water and mould. It provides excellent resistance to water, mold, and fire.
You now know the different types of GIB board. It’s up to you to choose which one is right for you.
When choosing, take into account the room and your requirements. Find a GIB supplier once you’ve chosen.
What are the qualities of a GIB supplier?
You will now go through a listing of GIB Suppliers. Which one will it be? Consider these factors
- Experience: A GIB supplier with more experience is a good rule of thumb. They will always deliver the best quality products. Newer businesses are able to challenge the old ways of thinking. Consider new businesses to expand your options.
- Delivery Areas: Choosing a local GIB provider can save you money. Although you may find better deals outside Auckland, the time and delivery costs usually offset any savings.
- Pricing: If you are on a tight budget, the price is a major factor. Do not settle for something that is unreasonable or unaffordable. Prices will vary depending upon the size and type of GIB. A professional Plasterboard / GIB provider can help you select the best type of GIB for your budget.
- Return policy: If the product you receive is defective or does not meet your expectations, then there should be a policy for returning it. You may need to keep looking if they do not.
- Services: It is more convenient to choose a supplier that offers installation services. Of course, the delivery service is essential. If they have the option to GIB fix and stop, that will make your life a lot easier.
These tips are for DIYers. If you’re working with a GIB fixer, they will usually provide the GIB Plasterboard.
We at Gib pro fixing Linings strive to make the lives of our clients easier. This includes everything from GIB Plasterboard Supply to Painting Services. If you have questions regarding GIB Plasterboard Supply, give us a yell. For more info about – Gib stopping in Auckland.